A “Half the Sky” Fair, based on the book by Nicholas Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn, will be held at Laurier Brantford.
The fair will be held on Wednesday, November 14 in the RAC Foyer (Research and Academic Centre, 150 Dalhousie St) between 2:00-7:30 p.m.
You can look forward to the following:
– 2:15, 3:30 & 4:45pm: Screenings of the 2009 Emmy Award-winning documentary “A Walk to Beautiful” (http://www.walktobeautiful.com/)
– 6:00pm: Guest speaker, Shelley Green, will share about her experiences in Ethiopia and the humanitarian organization “Mothers with a Heart for Ethiopia”
– Donate reading glasses (new or used) to aid in women’s employment in Ethiopia
– Receive an up-do or hairstyle from Allanti School of Hairstyling students, by donation
– Purchase a hand-crafted Ethiopian necklace, made by women living with HIV/AIDS or leprosy, for $20
– Purchase raffle tickets to win some prizes
All proceeds from the event go directly to “Mothers with a Heart for Ethiopia” and the “Fistula Foundation.”
Our goal for this event is to raise enough money to pay for one fistula surgery for a woman in need (http://www.fistulafoundation.org/).